So Spider-Man (Ultimate) is half-black, half-hispanic, and it’s a wonder that this is a thing that provokes discussion, but, it is, and it’s a weird world. It’s good, it’s new, and, sure, we’ve been here before, with minority Captain America, Iron Man, Superman, but this is different, somehow. David Brothers tries to get at the ‘why’ of ‘why is this good’.
Are we impressed because it’s Spider-Man? Because this is getting a national audience? Because Glenn Beck is mad? That’s gotta be a good sign, right?
It’s cool that Spider-Man is multiracial. And I hope that won’t even matter to some kids.
As always, sharing is caring, so we thank you for your reblogs.
- superherowithoutacape likes this
- meisterj reblogged this from chrishaley and added:
- bcfortenberry reblogged this from meisterj
- trecosecoisas likes this
- mellomangoes likes this
- a-pocket-full-of-posey likes this
- greatexperiment reblogged this from joshhundred
- pitcherplant likes this
- elysshart reblogged this from atsween
- rumpusrendezvous reblogged this from chrishaley
- bamboszpoetry likes this
- katipeaking likes this
- sisikecz likes this
- palpina likes this
- happysawrr reblogged this from albinwonderland
- pinksugarcomicattack reblogged this from since1938
- stardustcrusade likes this
- inspirationdelight likes this
- thedoorajar reblogged this from atsween
- zomgawesomesauce reblogged this from deantrippe
- batdepression reblogged this from albinwonderland
- batdepression likes this
- mnrtjdsif likes this
- This was featured in #Education
- This was featured in #Comics
- chrishaley posted this